Saturday, October 30, 2004

*$%^$@^#%

Grad School is substantially harder then I anticipated.

I should have taken way more math to prepare...catching up is a pain!

Ithaca is beautiful right now. I can't wait to enjoy it this time next year.

No time for anything. Laura has been gracious with all the crap this year has piled on her. Thank you babe.

Back to Optimization Theory.

Chris Silvey

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The same impression from the grad schools as the person above... I am actually in the process of submitting the online applications to the top departments. The more I read, the less I know that this is what I want to do until 2010...
Chris, would you please post here some examples of what exactly you miss in your mathematical equipment right now? All grad students whose blogs I follow nag about the maths but I hardly ever see a particular example of their troubles.
Would be nice to have a benchmark and to know what I should read in the next 9 months to avoid at least some problems...